Department of Plant Production
Faculty of Agriculture
Latvia University of Agriculture
Liela iela 2
Phone: +371 3005629
Fax: +371 3027238
Born: May 21, 1937, Novgorod region, Russia
Interests in inventing:
- Selection of new barley varieties
- Selection of new winter wheat varieties
Selection of cerials:
- barley varieties: 'Abava', 'Imula', 'Rasa', 'Klinta', 'Sencis', 'Malva'
- oat variety 'Liva'
- winter wheat variety 'Otto'
The main tasks of new variety selection:
- to breed varieties with a higher yield
- adapted for the breeding under local conditions
- resistant against illnesses
- applyable for a definite way of utilization
After a successful verification of State varieties such barley varieties as 'Abava' (since 1980), 'Imula' (since 1990), 'Rasa' (since 1996), 'Klinta' (since1998), 'Sencis' (since 2000) and the oat variety 'Liva' (since 1991) have been included in the list of advisable varieties for breeding in Latvia.
The barley variety 'Abava' has been included in the list of advisable varieties for breeding in Ukraine (since 1981) and Russia (since 1982).